the kiehn kids

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Andrew's first day of school

I'm a little late posting this, but it was still an important day! Andrew started first grade on August 23rd. He was very excited to go and see all of his friends after the long summer. He is using the same Batman backpack as last year, but he is getting a new lunch box - it just hasn't come yet.


Andrew is in Mrs. Welle's class this year. I had a mini break down the day before school started, but I didn't cry that day. It is really hard to be upset when your child is so happy. When it was time they lined up and walked in the classroom. They had to find their names at a desk and then write their names on a name tag. Unfortunately, it was one of the hottest days of summer, but he still came home happy. He goes from 8:00 - 2:20 this year which an hour longer than last year. So far he hasn't mentioned anything about that. We are looking forward to helping Andrew learn many new things in first grade this year.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I feel bad that you had a mini meltdown and I am going to have a party when my go back on Monday. He is looking so old Ali. Miss you guys.

Britney said...

Yeah Andrew...and Ali...

Sorry for MY breakdown in RS...which wasn't helpful for you! :)