the kiehn kids

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Claire's first week of preschool

Claire started preschool this past week on Tuesday. She will be going Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:30 - 11:30. She is going to Busy Bee's Preschool which is the same one that Andrew went to when he was 3. Leading up the start of school she had been asking multiple times a day when HER school was starting. She got a new princess lunch box and my mom made her a small backpack for the things that she wants to bring for sharing.

On Tuesday morning, was was very excited to go and we picked out an outfit and I attempted to do her hair. It was all going well until we pulled up outside the preschool. She started crying and didn't want to get out of the car. I ended up having to carry her in crying all the way. I pried her off of me and gave her to Mrs. Beesley. The funny thing is that she knows three of the other kids in her class. I was not able to get any pictures before class or during the drop off, so these pictures are courtesy of Britney.


Apparently she stopped crying moments after I left. Britney got this shot of Claire and Mrs. Beesley. She said she had a lot of fun at school and showed us the bee puppet she made.

We had quite the pickup up crew on Tuesday for Claire - Rose, Grandma, and Natalie. She was very excited to see everyone.

There are six kids in her class - 3 boys and 3 girls. Here are Claire, Ava, and Katie.
Drop off on Thursday wasn't quite so dramatic - at least there was no crying. Once again she was excited to go, but she was a little shy going inside. And then on Friday, after I dropped off Andrew at school she asked if it was time to go to her school and I said that she didn't have school on Fridays. Then she started crying! Hopefully in a few weeks, she will be used to the new schedule and there won't be anymore crying. It is hard to believe that she is already in preschool, but it is fun to ask her about what she did and see her so excited.

3 comments:

Britney said...

SOOO glad Claire and Ava are in the same class! I've always wanted them to be good friends..because I love her mama :)

Carmen said...

Jack starts preschool tomorrow, I'm so excited! I keep meaning to tell you thanks for the pictures of Brett at the triathlon, I wish I could have gone but there's no way the boys would have cooperated :) I was just looking at your baby ticker...I can't believe it's only 4 more days!

Mandy said...

I can't believe Claire is old enough to go to school. That is crazy. I'm so not surprised by her change of mind going to school.