Last Saturday a friend called and wanted to know if we were interested in going to the beach. Andrew had a lesson and a game, so he wouldn't be able to go. I was going to be home with Claire and Grant all day anyway so we decided to go. I promised Andrew that we would go a few more times in the summer when he could go. It was supposed to be hot in San Jose so that usually means that there will be a lot of traffic going over the hill, so we left relatively early. We knew that it would be coldish when we got there, but it was supposed to be in the high 70's at the beach, but not so much! It was overcast and cold the whole time. I was in such a hurry that he left without long sleeves. Luckily we borrowed a blanket and had towels to put around us. That said, Claire and Grant still had a great time. I think this picture must have been taken the one time the sun came out.
Grant loved using the shovel to move the sand around, but when he started flinging it we had to take the shovel away.
Claire really wanted to go down to the water even though it was cold.
She ran around in the surf and got wet mostly because she tripped and fell, but she didn't seem to mind that it was probably only 55 degrees.
Grant wasn't too interested in the water. He thought it was too cold and started running the other direction.
Then one of the Dads that was there started finding sand crabs and putting them in a bucket. Grant thought this was very interesting. This is his friend Corbin and his mom Andrea. They are about 3 weeks apart in age.
Checking out the crabs in the bucket.
Grant took a tumble in a beach chair and luckily someone had a band aid. He did not mind the sand on his face, hands or food.
A lovely picture of all of us. As we drove home I was watching the outside temperature gauge in the car. It went from 55 degrees at the beach to 85 at our house. Amazing! I can't wait to get back to the beach this summer. The sand somehow entertains the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment